Nepal: 13 people killed in bus accident
Kathmandu: At least 13 people were killed and 20 others injured when a passenger bus veered off the road in Nepal`s Gulmi district on Sunday, police said.
The Kathmandu-bound bus from Gulmi skidded off the road and plummeted some 300 meters down and stuck a tree on the slope in the remote mountain region of the country, according to Police Inspector Jitendra Basnet.
Eleven passengers died on the spot while two others breathed their last on their way to hospital in Palpa, the police inspector said.
All those killed in the accident were local passengers going towards the capital.
A police team from Shringa Police station and locals rescued the injured passengers and took them to hospital for treatment.
According to eyewitnesses the ill-fated bus tumbled off the road while attempting to make way for another vehicle coming from the opposite direction.
Road accidents are increasing in the country mainly during rainy season due poorly maintained hilly roads, overcrowded busses and reckless driving.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'