Nepal: 13 people killed in bus accident
Kathmandu: At least 13 people were killed and 20 others injured when a passenger bus veered off the road in Nepal`s Gulmi district on Sunday, police said.
The Kathmandu-bound bus from Gulmi skidded off the road and plummeted some 300 meters down and stuck a tree on the slope in the remote mountain region of the country, according to Police Inspector Jitendra Basnet.
Eleven passengers died on the spot while two others breathed their last on their way to hospital in Palpa, the police inspector said.
All those killed in the accident were local passengers going towards the capital.
A police team from Shringa Police station and locals rescued the injured passengers and took them to hospital for treatment.
According to eyewitnesses the ill-fated bus tumbled off the road while attempting to make way for another vehicle coming from the opposite direction.
Road accidents are increasing in the country mainly during rainy season due poorly maintained hilly roads, overcrowded busses and reckless driving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill