Nepal: 13 people killed in bus accident
Kathmandu: At least 13 people were killed and 20 others injured when a passenger bus veered off the road in Nepal`s Gulmi district on Sunday, police said.
The Kathmandu-bound bus from Gulmi skidded off the road and plummeted some 300 meters down and stuck a tree on the slope in the remote mountain region of the country, according to Police Inspector Jitendra Basnet.
Eleven passengers died on the spot while two others breathed their last on their way to hospital in Palpa, the police inspector said.
All those killed in the accident were local passengers going towards the capital.
A police team from Shringa Police station and locals rescued the injured passengers and took them to hospital for treatment.
According to eyewitnesses the ill-fated bus tumbled off the road while attempting to make way for another vehicle coming from the opposite direction.
Road accidents are increasing in the country mainly during rainy season due poorly maintained hilly roads, overcrowded busses and reckless driving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail