Nepal: 29 die in bus accident
Kathmandu: Twenty-nine people were killed and 11 injured when their bus fell into a river in western Nepal, Xinhua reported on Tuesday.
The accident took place on Monday in Kalikot area.
Sitaram Pandey, a local, said the bus plunged into a river.
"The bus apparently tried to move back after it failed to make a complete turn in the narrow highway. As it was backing, the bus fell," Pandey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler