Nepal: 29 die in bus accident
Kathmandu: Twenty-nine people were killed and 11 injured when their bus fell into a river in western Nepal, Xinhua reported on Tuesday.
The accident took place on Monday in Kalikot area.
Sitaram Pandey, a local, said the bus plunged into a river.
"The bus apparently tried to move back after it failed to make a complete turn in the narrow highway. As it was backing, the bus fell," Pandey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today