Nepal Army determines ranks of former Maoist combatants
Kathmandu: The Nepal Army on Sunday granted the post of officers to 71 former Maoist combatants as part of a reconciliation programme to integrate the ex-rebels into armed forces.
At a press meet organised at Nepal Army headquarters, Nepal Army has disclosed the ranks of the former Maoist combatants who opted to be integrated into the state army.
The proposed directorate with the strength of 4,000 personnel will be comprised of 35 per cent former combatants and 65 per cent Nepal Army (NA) personnel.
NA Major General Ram Krishna Adhikari will head the directorate, the NA said.
According to the arrangement, the NA has granted the post of officers to 71 former Maoist combatants who went through training under Nepal Army while the remaining 1,373 combatants will be accommodated to various posts of Nepal Army.
On completion of Nepal Army`s training one of the officer will be made Colonel and two of them will be made Lt Colonel, according to the Nepal Army headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP