Nepal Army determines ranks of former Maoist combatants
Kathmandu: The Nepal Army on Sunday granted the post of officers to 71 former Maoist combatants as part of a reconciliation programme to integrate the ex-rebels into armed forces.
At a press meet organised at Nepal Army headquarters, Nepal Army has disclosed the ranks of the former Maoist combatants who opted to be integrated into the state army.
The proposed directorate with the strength of 4,000 personnel will be comprised of 35 per cent former combatants and 65 per cent Nepal Army (NA) personnel.
NA Major General Ram Krishna Adhikari will head the directorate, the NA said.
According to the arrangement, the NA has granted the post of officers to 71 former Maoist combatants who went through training under Nepal Army while the remaining 1,373 combatants will be accommodated to various posts of Nepal Army.
On completion of Nepal Army`s training one of the officer will be made Colonel and two of them will be made Lt Colonel, according to the Nepal Army headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!