Nepal Army determines ranks of former Maoist combatants
Kathmandu: The Nepal Army on Sunday granted the post of officers to 71 former Maoist combatants as part of a reconciliation programme to integrate the ex-rebels into armed forces.
At a press meet organised at Nepal Army headquarters, Nepal Army has disclosed the ranks of the former Maoist combatants who opted to be integrated into the state army.
The proposed directorate with the strength of 4,000 personnel will be comprised of 35 per cent former combatants and 65 per cent Nepal Army (NA) personnel.
NA Major General Ram Krishna Adhikari will head the directorate, the NA said.
According to the arrangement, the NA has granted the post of officers to 71 former Maoist combatants who went through training under Nepal Army while the remaining 1,373 combatants will be accommodated to various posts of Nepal Army.
On completion of Nepal Army`s training one of the officer will be made Colonel and two of them will be made Lt Colonel, according to the Nepal Army headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’