Nepal arrests 5 members of Hindu extremist group
Kathmandu: Five members of a lesser-known
Hindu extremist group have been arrested by Nepal police for
their alleged involvement in a number of bomb blast cases in
and outside the capital over the past few years.
The National Defence Army is an underground outfit that
demands re-declaration of Nepal as a Hindu Kingdom and reverse
the federal system mentioned in the constitution.
The Central Investigation Bureau (CBI) of Nepal Police has
arrested five young men for their alleged involvement in cases
of bomb attacks and for terrorising people and extorting money
from at least 27 people.
The police also confiscated from them several Indian SIM
cards being used for their crime.
The accused were also involved in bomb explosion cases at
Thapathali and New Road of Kathmandu few years back.
A series of bomb blast in the capital were masterminded by
Phani Raj Mainali, the Supreme Commander of NDA, who has been
in jail since 2009 after he was convicted of attacking
churches and other religious places.
Police have found that Mainali had been communicating with
his group through Jagat Bahadur Thapa, who was among the
The other arrested include Pulis Bishwas alias Jagat
Narayan Chaudhary, 28, Pramod Kumar Mahato alias Pariwartan,
26, Nirmal Lama alias Bishal, 26, Jagat Bahadur Thapa alias
DSP Prakash,30, and Cham Bahadur Thapa Rajan, 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers