Nepal arrests 5 members of Hindu extremist group
Kathmandu: Five members of a lesser-known
Hindu extremist group have been arrested by Nepal police for
their alleged involvement in a number of bomb blast cases in
and outside the capital over the past few years.
The National Defence Army is an underground outfit that
demands re-declaration of Nepal as a Hindu Kingdom and reverse
the federal system mentioned in the constitution.
The Central Investigation Bureau (CBI) of Nepal Police has
arrested five young men for their alleged involvement in cases
of bomb attacks and for terrorising people and extorting money
from at least 27 people.
The police also confiscated from them several Indian SIM
cards being used for their crime.
The accused were also involved in bomb explosion cases at
Thapathali and New Road of Kathmandu few years back.
A series of bomb blast in the capital were masterminded by
Phani Raj Mainali, the Supreme Commander of NDA, who has been
in jail since 2009 after he was convicted of attacking
churches and other religious places.
Police have found that Mainali had been communicating with
his group through Jagat Bahadur Thapa, who was among the
The other arrested include Pulis Bishwas alias Jagat
Narayan Chaudhary, 28, Pramod Kumar Mahato alias Pariwartan,
26, Nirmal Lama alias Bishal, 26, Jagat Bahadur Thapa alias
DSP Prakash,30, and Cham Bahadur Thapa Rajan, 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25