Nepal arrests kins of Black Widow C-in-C Hojai
Kathmandu: Nepalese security agencies have arrested four close relatives of Niranjan Hojai, `commander-in-chief` of Indian terror outfit DHD-J (Black Widow) in connection with alleged money laundering.
The Criminal Investigation Bureau (CIB) on Monday arrested the four, including father-in-law and mother-in-law of Hojai, who was apprehended on the Bihar-Nepal border in July, 2010.
Ramchandra Giri and Seti Giri, parents of Hojai`s wife Sarita Giri Rai, were arrested along with Raju Giri, Sarita`s brother and his wife Sita.
Police had arrested Sarita in November last year from Bouddha in the outskirt of Kathmandu after she received a draft amounting to USD 200,000 from an unknown sender in Singapore.
The money is said to have transferred to Sarita`s name from Singapore with the initiative of Hojai, who was granted two months` conditional interim bail by Gauhati High Court on February 9 along with outfit `chairman` Jewel Garlosa.
The CIB has also filed a case in the Special Court against the five arrestees on charges of money laundering.
Black Widow is a breakaway faction of ethnic Dimasa insurgent outfit Dima Halam Daogah (DHD) in Assam which claims to be fighting for safeguarding the identity of Dimasa tribe by creating a separate homeland for them within the constitutional framework.
The homeland proposes to include Dimasa-dominated areas
like North Cachar Hills, Cachar and Karbi Anglong districts of
Assam and parts of Dimapur district in Nagaland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed