Nepal: Breakaway Maoist faction announces new youth wing
Kathmandu: CPN-Maoist, the breakaway faction of ruling Maoist party of Nepal Wednesday said their struggle to stop vehicles with Indian number plates and blocking screening of Indian movies in the country would continue.
Announcing the launch of its new youth wing, Rastriya Janaswayamsewak amidst a gathering in the capital Kathmandu, leaders of the party warned that they would intensify their agitation to remove Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai.
They claimed the government had failed to perform upto the expectations of the people and had compromised national sovereignty.
The party in a pamphlet distributed at the rally said their "struggle to stop vehicles with Indian number plates, blocking screening of Indian movies and broadcasting Hindi songs still continues".
CPN-Maoist hardliner Mohan Vaidya, the chief of the breakaway faction, and senior leader of the party Netrabikram Chand were present during the rally.
Some 2,500 youths and students of the party wearing red caps rallied in Kathmandu chanting anti-India and anti-government slogans like "Down with Indian expansionism", "Down with foreign agents Prachanda and Baburam Bhattarai", "Peoples War still continues", "abrogate unequal understandings and treaties", "Remove anti-people, treacherous government" prior to the announcement of the youth group.
The party last month submitted 70-point demands, some of which are related to India, to Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai demanding scrapping of many "unequal" agreements and understandings with India such as the Indo-Nepal Peace and Friendship Treaty of 1950.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya
- Nandita Das is a capable director: Nawazuddin Siddiqui