Nepal, China to set up an inspection station near Tibet border
Kathmandu: Nepal and China have decided to set up an inspection station near Tibet border and to carry out a survey of the proposed ring-road project to improve the traffic situation in Kathmandu Valley.
Foreign Minister Sujata Koirala, who is currently on a five day official visit to China, signed the MoUs to this effect along with her Chinese counterpart Yang Jiechi in Beijing yesterday, according to a statement issued by Foreign Ministry here.
They signed three MoU`s relating to providing vehicles and equipments for garbage collection to Kathmandu Metropolitan Corporation, setting up inspection station at the Tatopani area near Tibet border and a survey of the proposed project to improve the Kathmandu Valley ring road.
Under the establishment of Tatopani Border Inspection Centre a building, parking area and other infrastructure facilities will be built.
Koirala also requested Beijing to give customs free access to 497 items to China for reducing trade deficit, to which Jiechi responded positively. The matter wound be dealt during the next meeting of integrated technical and economic committee, she was told.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL