Nepal, China to set up an inspection station near Tibet border
Kathmandu: Nepal and China have decided to set up an inspection station near Tibet border and to carry out a survey of the proposed ring-road project to improve the traffic situation in Kathmandu Valley.
Foreign Minister Sujata Koirala, who is currently on a five day official visit to China, signed the MoUs to this effect along with her Chinese counterpart Yang Jiechi in Beijing yesterday, according to a statement issued by Foreign Ministry here.
They signed three MoU`s relating to providing vehicles and equipments for garbage collection to Kathmandu Metropolitan Corporation, setting up inspection station at the Tatopani area near Tibet border and a survey of the proposed project to improve the Kathmandu Valley ring road.
Under the establishment of Tatopani Border Inspection Centre a building, parking area and other infrastructure facilities will be built.
Koirala also requested Beijing to give customs free access to 497 items to China for reducing trade deficit, to which Jiechi responded positively. The matter wound be dealt during the next meeting of integrated technical and economic committee, she was told.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest