Nepal elected as UNICEF's executive board member
Kathmandu: Nepal was elected as a member of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) executive board on Saturday, representing the group of Asia-Pacific states for the term 2016-2018, government officials said.
Nepal's Permanent Representative to the United Nations Durga Prasad Bhattarai was also unanimously elected as vice president to the bureau of the executive board of the UNICEF for 2016, representing the Asia-Pacific region, according to officials of the ministry of foreign affairs.
"With this election, Nepal is availed yet another global stage to contribute to the work of the United Nations, this time in providing strategic guidance to its agency specialising in the children's causes," read a press statement issued by Nepal's Permanent Mission to United Nations in New York on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city