Nepal: Foreign secretary fined for non-cooperation
Kathmandu: Nepalese Foreign Secretary Madan Kumar Bhattarai has been fined by a judicial probe committee for his non-cooperation in the investigation into alleged misuse of passport and possession of multiple citizenship by a former minister.
The committee yesterday slapped a fine of Rs 500 on Bhattarai for not cooperating in the probe against Minister of State for Finance Lharkyal Lama for misuse of passport, Foreign Ministry officials said.
"Since, he did not cooperate despite our several requests to provide details of passports and citizenships possessed by Lama, we decided to fine Bhattarai," Deputy Attorney Ramesh Sharma Paudel, also a member of the panel, was quoted as saying by The Himalayan Times.
Lama, a Buddhist monk and Tibetan activist, was appointed Minister of State under Jhalanath Khanaal-led government. He was dragged into controversy after reports that he possesses double citizenship and misused passport.
He had later resigned on April 22 from the post after protests in his own party CPN-UML.
Sending a letter on Tuesday, the probe committee had warned Bhattarai either to forward the necessary details by Thursday or face legal action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks