Nepal gets a new cabinet
Kathmandu: A new cabinet comprising 11 ministers belonging to different political parties has sworn in Nepal, Xinhua reported on Sunday.
The new government has been formed after dissolving the previous cabinet as per a five-point agreement reached amongst the parties to form a national consensus government under Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai.
Ministers from Nepali Congress (NC), United Democratic Madhesi Front (UDMF) and Unified Communist Party of Nepal Maoists (UCPN- M) were sworn in on Saturday night an oath taking ceremony at Shital Niwas, Nepal`s President House.
As per the agreement, the cabinet will comprise 27 members with six ministers from each political party and two from the smaller political parties.
The new cabinet comprises of two deputy prime ministers one of UCPN-M and UDMF. Likewise, there are four ministers from UCPN-M and four from UDMF each.
The ministers from UDMF have already been assigned the portfolios. One member of the UDMF has not yet been sworn in for not being present in the capital city of Kathmandu.
Similarly, two ministers from NC have been nominated but are yet to be assigned any portfolio.
Communist Party of Nepal-Unified Marxist Leninist (CPN-UML) has not yet recommended any names for the ministers. It was involved in intense discussion until late night Saturday and said that the names would be announced on Sunday.
The portfolios for Home Ministry, Defence Ministry, Health Ministry, Ministry for Physical Planning, Ministry for Information and Communications and Irrigation Ministry belongs to UDMF.
NC, however, recommended only two names owing to the inter-party conflict between two different factions of the party.
Meanwhile, the first meeting for the cabinet held after the oath taking ceremony decided to reconstitute many of the portfolios. It also expressed deep sorrow over the victims of the natural disaster that struck in Annapurna range and Seti River on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?