Nepal govt asks CPN-Maoist to come for talks for holding polls
Kathmandu: Nepal government has called fringe parties, including breakaway Maoist faction led by Mohan Vaidya, to come for talks so that they can participate in the upcoming Constituent Assembly elections.
Chairman of the Interim Election Government Khil Raj Regmi has asked the CPN-Maoist to come forward for talks at the earliest for participating in the new election to the Constituent Assembly to be held tentatively in November this year.
Addressing a function in Kathmandu today Rigmi urged the CPN-Maoist to take part in dialogue to address their demands related to the forthcoming election.
The meeting of the Council of Ministers held on May 13 had formally requested those political parties, which are against the election, to come for talks.
"We are in the process of?conducting CA elections, it is our inevitable necessity and election is the only the beginning point of our prosperous future," said Regmi.
He asked all people to participate actively in programmes of CA elections by discarding any prejudices and distrust.
He said that the government has been holding regular discussions with political parties for the past few days to finalise the election ordinance so as to hold the election in a free and fair atmosphere by ensuring the participation of all parties.
Over two dozen fringe parties including CPN-Maoist, have been protesting against the election demanding resignation of the head of the election government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray