Nepal govt for consensus among parties for power-sharing
Kathmandu: Nepal`s Maoists-led government on Wednesday underlined the need to forge consensus among political parties for power-sharing and drafting a new Constitution, rejecting allegations that it was trying to capture the statute-making authority.
Finance Minister Barsha Man Pun stated this while releasing a book on economy authored by top Nepalese industrialist Vinod Chaudhary, who called the Indo-Nepal Trade Treaty of 1996 as the best trade pact signed between the two countries which attracted many Indian joint ventures to Nepal.
Pun rejected the allegations by opposition parties Nepali Congress and CPN-UML that the Maoists were trying to capture the statute-making authority, saying his government does not subscribe to the idea.
He also said that Maoist government has recognised the important role played by the private sector in the economic development of the country.
His comments came as CPN-UML leader and former Finance Minister Surendra Panday said that Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai was "dragging the country towards a kind of black hole from where there is no way to come out."
Panday said the announcement of the fresh elections in November unilaterally by the Prime Minister does not only violate the interim Constitution but also ends the politics of consensus which is badly needed during the time of political transition.
He also opposed the government`s move to announce the budget for the new fiscal beginning next month through an ordinance as the Constituent Assembly has already been dissolved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read