Nepal: Israeli, Indian women arrested in narcotic supply case
Kathmandu: Nepal police have arrested an Indian woman, along with an Israeli and two Nepalese nationals, on charges of supplying narcotic drugs and seized drugs worth USD 165,722 from them.
A special team of the Anti Narcotic Drug Control Unit of Nepal Police picked up 20-year-old Sakinda Kumari, who hails from east Champaran in Bihar, from Kathmandu`s Balkhu area, after she was allegedly found carrying 93 grams of brown sugar worth USD 5,166.
She has been allegedly involved in bringing drugs from India to Kathmandu via Birgunj.
Police said further investigation is being carried out after taking her into custody.
The police also arrested 26-year-old Israeli woman Cameron Hen from the Tribhuvan International Airport, as she was about to board a Thai International Airlines flight to Bangkok yesterday.
She was allegedly carrying 8 kg of hashish brought through land route from India with the intention to sell in the Israeli market.
The contraband drug will fetch USD 160,000 in international market, according to the police. Police said the drug was hidden in a black suitcase
under a false bottom.
Two Nepalese nationals were also arrested in connection with supplying brown sugar in the local market. Sarita Shrestha, 24 and her accomplice Sachin Khanal were arrested from Kathmandu and were found in possession of 10 grams of brown sugar worth USD 556, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore