Nepal lobbies for UN General Assembly president
Kathmandu: Prime Minister Madhav Kumar
Nepal met Russian and Chinese ambassadors and lobbied
for his candidate to the prestigious post of president of the
UN General Assembly.
Kul Chandra Gautam is Nepal`s presidential candidate
for the post of 66th session of the UN General Assembly.
Prime Minister Nepal, who met Chinese ambassador Qu Go
Hwang and Russian ambassador Lionidovich Trophimov, asked them
to support the country`s presidential candidate, according to
Prime Minister`s Office (PMO).
Nepal is contesting for the post of UN General
Assembly presidentship on behalf of Asian countries for the
term of 2011-12, the premier said.
During the meeting, the Nepalese prime minister also
consulted with the envoys in the matter of extending the
tenure of the United Nations Mission in Nepal (UNMIN) which
expires in mid-September.
The envoys took positive note of the request for
support as Nepal`s candidacy was relevant at the moment, the
The Russian and Chinese envoys said that it is up to
the Nepal government to decide whether it wants to extend the
UNMIN`s term or not as it is the internal matter of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India