Nepal lobbies for UN General Assembly president
Kathmandu: Prime Minister Madhav Kumar
Nepal met Russian and Chinese ambassadors and lobbied
for his candidate to the prestigious post of president of the
UN General Assembly.
Kul Chandra Gautam is Nepal`s presidential candidate
for the post of 66th session of the UN General Assembly.
Prime Minister Nepal, who met Chinese ambassador Qu Go
Hwang and Russian ambassador Lionidovich Trophimov, asked them
to support the country`s presidential candidate, according to
Prime Minister`s Office (PMO).
Nepal is contesting for the post of UN General
Assembly presidentship on behalf of Asian countries for the
term of 2011-12, the premier said.
During the meeting, the Nepalese prime minister also
consulted with the envoys in the matter of extending the
tenure of the United Nations Mission in Nepal (UNMIN) which
expires in mid-September.
The envoys took positive note of the request for
support as Nepal`s candidacy was relevant at the moment, the
The Russian and Chinese envoys said that it is up to
the Nepal government to decide whether it wants to extend the
UNMIN`s term or not as it is the internal matter of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25