Nepal lobbies for UN General Assembly president
Kathmandu: Prime Minister Madhav Kumar
Nepal met Russian and Chinese ambassadors and lobbied
for his candidate to the prestigious post of president of the
UN General Assembly.
Kul Chandra Gautam is Nepal`s presidential candidate
for the post of 66th session of the UN General Assembly.
Prime Minister Nepal, who met Chinese ambassador Qu Go
Hwang and Russian ambassador Lionidovich Trophimov, asked them
to support the country`s presidential candidate, according to
Prime Minister`s Office (PMO).
Nepal is contesting for the post of UN General
Assembly presidentship on behalf of Asian countries for the
term of 2011-12, the premier said.
During the meeting, the Nepalese prime minister also
consulted with the envoys in the matter of extending the
tenure of the United Nations Mission in Nepal (UNMIN) which
expires in mid-September.
The envoys took positive note of the request for
support as Nepal`s candidacy was relevant at the moment, the
The Russian and Chinese envoys said that it is up to
the Nepal government to decide whether it wants to extend the
UNMIN`s term or not as it is the internal matter of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal