Nepal lobbies for UN General Assembly president
Kathmandu: Prime Minister Madhav Kumar
Nepal met Russian and Chinese ambassadors and lobbied
for his candidate to the prestigious post of president of the
UN General Assembly.
Kul Chandra Gautam is Nepal`s presidential candidate
for the post of 66th session of the UN General Assembly.
Prime Minister Nepal, who met Chinese ambassador Qu Go
Hwang and Russian ambassador Lionidovich Trophimov, asked them
to support the country`s presidential candidate, according to
Prime Minister`s Office (PMO).
Nepal is contesting for the post of UN General
Assembly presidentship on behalf of Asian countries for the
term of 2011-12, the premier said.
During the meeting, the Nepalese prime minister also
consulted with the envoys in the matter of extending the
tenure of the United Nations Mission in Nepal (UNMIN) which
expires in mid-September.
The envoys took positive note of the request for
support as Nepal`s candidacy was relevant at the moment, the
The Russian and Chinese envoys said that it is up to
the Nepal government to decide whether it wants to extend the
UNMIN`s term or not as it is the internal matter of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video