Nepal plans to host SAARC summit Nov 14
Kathmandu,: The Nepal government has decided to host the 18th SAARC summit Nov 14 this year, officials here said.
"Even though our government has fixed the date for holding the summit for this year, the chosen date is yet to be approved by the SAARC members," Minister for Information and Communication Minendra Rijal told Xinhua Monday.
Nepal made the proposal for the summit in November during the meeting of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) council of foreign ministers held in the Maldives Feb 20.
Rijal, who is also a spokesperson of the Nepal government, said the proposal would soon be forwarded to the SAARC Secretariat for final endorsement.
Nepal has previously hosted the summit twice in 1987 and 2002 since the formation of the South Asian bloc in 1985.
The last SAARC summit was held in the Maldives in 2011.
SAARC chair rotates among its members on the alphabetical basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert