Nepal PM asks political parties to forge national consensus
Kathmandu: Nepal Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai has underlined the need to forge national consensus among the political parties to resolve the current political crisis in the country.
"There is a need to forge consensus among the political parties and to opt for fresh polls to resolve the current political crisis," Bhattarai said.
He said that if the political parties agree on contentious issues of the Constitution then new election for Parliament will be held by promulgating the Constitution through reinstatement of the Constituent Assembly.
If no agreement is possible on the key issues among the parties than election to the Constituent Assembly is the only way out from the current political crisis, he said.
Meanwhile, Nepali Congress leader Ramsharan Mahat said that a national consensus government should be formed before holding fresh elections.
"As per the earlier agreement the Nepali Congress led government should be formed before going for fresh polls," he pointed out.
"There is a need to go for fresh election at the earliest and a consensus government must be formed before that," he pointed out.
He said Nepali Congress will open all options, including political struggle, agitation and dialogue to topple the caretaker government led by Bhattarai.
President Ram Baran Yadav on Friday met top leaders of the major political parties and asked them to seek a way out from the current political stalemate at the earliest.
The president has asked the top leaders of major political parties "through what procedure and when the people will get the new constitution for good?"
Nepal plunged into political crisis after the Constituent Assembly was dissolve in May 27 without drafting the new Constitution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand