Nepal PM calls on President
Kathmandu: Prime Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal
on Tuesday paid a courtesy call to President Dr Ram Baran Yadav and
discussed various developments regarding the formation of the
country`s new Constitution.
The PM said as the Constitution could not be drafted
within the deadline of May 28 the government has started
consultation with various political parties for extending the
term of the CA.
He also informed the President that the government is
tabling a bill in the Parliament seeking extension of the term
of the CA, according to the Prime Minister?s office.
At that time the President stressed on the need to draft
the constitution from within the Constituent Assembly and
hoped that a consensus would be worked out among the political
parties to find a way out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer