Nepal PM calls on President
Kathmandu: Prime Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal
on Tuesday paid a courtesy call to President Dr Ram Baran Yadav and
discussed various developments regarding the formation of the
country`s new Constitution.
The PM said as the Constitution could not be drafted
within the deadline of May 28 the government has started
consultation with various political parties for extending the
term of the CA.
He also informed the President that the government is
tabling a bill in the Parliament seeking extension of the term
of the CA, according to the Prime Minister?s office.
At that time the President stressed on the need to draft
the constitution from within the Constituent Assembly and
hoped that a consensus would be worked out among the political
parties to find a way out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured