Nepal PM expands his cabinet
Kathmandu: Nepal`s Prime Minister
Jhalanath Khanal has expanded his cabinet with an addition of
12 ministers from his own party.
Khanal yesterday inducted five ministers and seven
cabinet rank ministers from his party, Communist Party of
Nepal-Unified Marxists-Leninists (CPN-UML), taking the total
number of the cabinet members to 20.
Those appointed include Bhanubhakta Jaishi (Forest
Minister), Raghubir Mahaseth (Irrigation), Urmila Aryal (Local
Development), Gokarna Bista (Energy) and Yuvraj Karki (General
Newly appointed State Ministers are Radha Gyawali,
Shatrughan Mahato, Ramji Sharma, Dal Bahadur Sunwar, Dambar
Sambahamphe, Bhagwati Chaudhary and Le harkyal Lama.
The swearing-in ceremony will take place on Wednesday,
according to the Prime Minister`s press adviser.
The cabinet expansion had been delayed for weeks due
to a dispute over power-sharing between the political parties.
The cabinet expansion comes at a time when the
government is facing pressure for completion of the peace
process and the writing of a fresh constitution.
Although the Maoists were allocated 11 cabinet
ministers only 4 have been inducted so far.
The Maoists are demanding Home Ministry which is
causing delay in the cabinet expansion.
Madhesi Peoples Rights Forum led by Upendra Yadav did
not take part in cabinet expansion due to some differences on
power sharing between Yadav and Prime Minister Khanal.
Khanal government has not yet taken full shape even as
more than two months have passed since its formation.
Meanwhile, one of the newly-inducted ministers,
Minister for Energy Gokarna Bista was attacked with Khukuri
last night by unidentified armed men near his residence.
An un identified group attacked Minister Bista as soon
as he came out of his home at Gongabun in the northern
Kathmandu with his supports.
He was rushed to Manmohan Memorial Hospital
immediately after the inciden and is out of danger, according
to the police.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Sleeping trouble? Now, sleep like a baby with Banana tea!
- Pakistan is raising a security force to protect Chinese nationals
- Govt targets Rs 64,580 cr revenue in FY17 from spectrum sale
- Seven Indian shuttlers set to qualify for Rio Olympics
- Sanjay Dutt rejects speculation on joining BJP, says 'attended the event for my friend'