Nepal PM instructs to rebuild palace massacre site
Kathmandu: Prime Minister Madhav Kumar
Nepal has asked the authorities to re-construct the Tribhuvan
Sadan, the site of royal massacre in the Narayanhiti Palace,
which was demolished at the instruction of former King
Nepal, who visited the Narayanhiti Palace Museum, told
the Finance Ministry to make necessary budget provision for
The Prime Minister has ordered to re-build the Tribhuvan
Sadan, where nine persons of the royal family including King
Birendra were massacred in June 2001 during a Friday dinner
party, according to PM`s press advisor Bishnu Rijal.
The government is considering to re-build Tribhuvan Sadan
along with Billiard Hall belonging to slain crown prince
Dipendra, he said.
Shortly after assuming throne, then King Gyanendra had
ordered to demolish the structures where the incident
When asked whether he would form new probe commission to
conduct fresh investigation into the incident of Royal
massacre, Nepal said that his government had other
priorities such as drafting the new constitution before that.
The government has accorded top priorities to draft the
new constitution and to take the peace process to its logical
end, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble