Nepal police arrest five in drug case
Kathmandu: Five Nepalese were arrested
and 200 kgs of `hasish` destined for Netherlands confiscated,
in one of the biggest seizures of narcotics in recent times in
the country, police said on Wednesday.
Drug Control Unit of Nepal Police has busted a large
racket involving drug trafficking in the country. This is the
largest seizure in the past three years.
Five Nepalese arrested from Kathmandu on Monday, a press release issued by the police said.
Ravi Ratna Chudal,29 and Dorje Lama, 32 were arrested
for their alleged involvement in attempting to transport 200
kg hashish hidden in wooden box to foreign country, the police
The two were arrested from for booking the consignment
for transporting to Netherlands via the Tribhuvan
International Airport of Kathmandu.
The police also arrested Dorje Lama, 51, Pemba Gurung,
45 and Sonam Dindu, 45 who were allegedly involved in
assisting them in drug trafficking.
This is said to be the largest consignment of narcotic
drugs being transported through the Tribhuvan International
Airport to any foreign country for the last three years, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Gaming Time! Virat Kohli-led Indian cricket team enjoys playing FIFA after West Indies win
- Watch it to believe it: Cricket 'watching' at its best
- Manchester United invite Pakistan cricket team for a visit at Old Trafford football stadium – See pics!
- Explosion near reception centre for refugees in Zirndorfin of southern Germany
- Italy expels imam who named daughter Jihad