Nepal police arrest five in drug case
Kathmandu: Five Nepalese were arrested
and 200 kgs of `hasish` destined for Netherlands confiscated,
in one of the biggest seizures of narcotics in recent times in
the country, police said on Wednesday.
Drug Control Unit of Nepal Police has busted a large
racket involving drug trafficking in the country. This is the
largest seizure in the past three years.
Five Nepalese arrested from Kathmandu on Monday, a press release issued by the police said.
Ravi Ratna Chudal,29 and Dorje Lama, 32 were arrested
for their alleged involvement in attempting to transport 200
kg hashish hidden in wooden box to foreign country, the police
The two were arrested from for booking the consignment
for transporting to Netherlands via the Tribhuvan
International Airport of Kathmandu.
The police also arrested Dorje Lama, 51, Pemba Gurung,
45 and Sonam Dindu, 45 who were allegedly involved in
assisting them in drug trafficking.
This is said to be the largest consignment of narcotic
drugs being transported through the Tribhuvan International
Airport to any foreign country for the last three years, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months