Nepal police arrest five in drug case
Kathmandu: Five Nepalese were arrested
and 200 kgs of `hasish` destined for Netherlands confiscated,
in one of the biggest seizures of narcotics in recent times in
the country, police said on Wednesday.
Drug Control Unit of Nepal Police has busted a large
racket involving drug trafficking in the country. This is the
largest seizure in the past three years.
Five Nepalese arrested from Kathmandu on Monday, a press release issued by the police said.
Ravi Ratna Chudal,29 and Dorje Lama, 32 were arrested
for their alleged involvement in attempting to transport 200
kg hashish hidden in wooden box to foreign country, the police
The two were arrested from for booking the consignment
for transporting to Netherlands via the Tribhuvan
International Airport of Kathmandu.
The police also arrested Dorje Lama, 51, Pemba Gurung,
45 and Sonam Dindu, 45 who were allegedly involved in
assisting them in drug trafficking.
This is said to be the largest consignment of narcotic
drugs being transported through the Tribhuvan International
Airport to any foreign country for the last three years, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Islam doesn't allow women to visit graves, Haji Ali Dargah is one of them: Chairman
- Davis Cup: India to host Spain under flood-lights
- India, US eye bilateral trade worth $500 billion: Report
- GST, reforms to boost bilateral trade with India, address biz climate issues: US
- REVEALED: Gianni Infantino says FIFA salary less than USD 2m, well below Sepp Blatter earned