Nepal police arrest five in drug case
Kathmandu: Five Nepalese were arrested
and 200 kgs of `hasish` destined for Netherlands confiscated,
in one of the biggest seizures of narcotics in recent times in
the country, police said on Wednesday.
Drug Control Unit of Nepal Police has busted a large
racket involving drug trafficking in the country. This is the
largest seizure in the past three years.
Five Nepalese arrested from Kathmandu on Monday, a press release issued by the police said.
Ravi Ratna Chudal,29 and Dorje Lama, 32 were arrested
for their alleged involvement in attempting to transport 200
kg hashish hidden in wooden box to foreign country, the police
The two were arrested from for booking the consignment
for transporting to Netherlands via the Tribhuvan
International Airport of Kathmandu.
The police also arrested Dorje Lama, 51, Pemba Gurung,
45 and Sonam Dindu, 45 who were allegedly involved in
assisting them in drug trafficking.
This is said to be the largest consignment of narcotic
drugs being transported through the Tribhuvan International
Airport to any foreign country for the last three years, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'