Nepal police busts HQ of Ranvir Sena, arrests kingpin
Kathmandu: Two persons, including vice-
commander of underground armed outfit Ranvir Sena, have been
arrested at Biratnagar in Nepal after police busted the
group`s headquarters here.
Binod Kumar Pandey, 41, the vice-commander of the Sena
and his accomplice Nabin Pandey were arrested on Sunday,
police said, adding a large amount of explosives were also
Pandey had converted his rented apartment in
Biratnagar into the outfit`s headquarter and a mini-lab for
producing explosives, Nepalnews.com reported.
The Sena, which has been in existence for the past two
years, was planning a series of attacks in Kathmandu, Pokhara,
Biratnagar and Birgunj and had put some high-profile
personalities on its hit list, the police said.
Around 10 kg of ammunition including 1.5 kg of gunpowder,
two kg of sulfur, one kg of soda, one packet of boric acid,
500 grams of sodium sulphate, 500 gm each of potassium
permanganate, potassium nitrate and potassium magnate, one
packet of aluminium metal powder, 500 grams of ammonium
nitrate, and iron rods and pipes were seized from the lab, the
report said. Police also recovered a revolver and five rounds
The group has been accused of involving in several bomb
blasts, including at high-profile places like the Constituent
Assembly building, Ratnapark and Norwegian Embassy. A civil
engineer by profession, Pandey was working for Surya Nepal and
Dolakha Construction, the report added.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV): A new tool in the fight against polio – Watch to know more about it!
- Planning a trip to USA? Check out top 5 attractions for a family holiday this summer!
- One killed in Sydney mall shooting
- Eva Mendes' brother Carlos loses cancer battle
- Swamy challenges expunging of comments in RS