Nepal police probes mysterious death of Belgian tourist
Kathmandu: Nepal police is probing the mysterious death of a Belgian citizen whose decomposed body was found in a famous trekking area in north-east of the country.
Debbie Maveau, 23, was missing since the first week of June and her decomposed body was recovered from the conservation area situated near Tibetan border on June 14, according to an official at Nepal Tourism Board.
"It is not clear whether she was murdered or died of some other reason," said Sarad Pradhan, spokesperson of Nepal Tourism Board.
"The police is investigating into the matter and we cannot come to any conclusion before the investigation is over," he added.
There was no clue in the case and it could not be ascertained whether it was a murder.
According to the police Rs 8,000 cash and her camera were not taken away and there was no initial indication that she was sexually assaulted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- NASA's Viking mission data to unfold Mars' mystery
- Kolkata: Boy found killed after party at Amit Chaudhuri's house, author denies knowing him
- 1 killed, dozen hurt in building collapse after cylinder blast
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' officially wraps production
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 628—Pragya decides to fight back