Nepal police probes mysterious death of Belgian tourist
Kathmandu: Nepal police is probing the mysterious death of a Belgian citizen whose decomposed body was found in a famous trekking area in north-east of the country.
Debbie Maveau, 23, was missing since the first week of June and her decomposed body was recovered from the conservation area situated near Tibetan border on June 14, according to an official at Nepal Tourism Board.
"It is not clear whether she was murdered or died of some other reason," said Sarad Pradhan, spokesperson of Nepal Tourism Board.
"The police is investigating into the matter and we cannot come to any conclusion before the investigation is over," he added.
There was no clue in the case and it could not be ascertained whether it was a murder.
According to the police Rs 8,000 cash and her camera were not taken away and there was no initial indication that she was sexually assaulted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you