Nepal police probes mysterious death of Belgian tourist
Kathmandu: Nepal police is probing the mysterious death of a Belgian citizen whose decomposed body was found in a famous trekking area in north-east of the country.
Debbie Maveau, 23, was missing since the first week of June and her decomposed body was recovered from the conservation area situated near Tibetan border on June 14, according to an official at Nepal Tourism Board.
"It is not clear whether she was murdered or died of some other reason," said Sarad Pradhan, spokesperson of Nepal Tourism Board.
"The police is investigating into the matter and we cannot come to any conclusion before the investigation is over," he added.
There was no clue in the case and it could not be ascertained whether it was a murder.
According to the police Rs 8,000 cash and her camera were not taken away and there was no initial indication that she was sexually assaulted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened