Nepal poll panel to monitor election code of conduct
Kathmandu: Nepal`s Election Commission has formed a high level committee to effectively monitor the election code of conduct, an official said Sunday.
The election commission is preparing to take tough measures following the intensive violation of election code of conduct by political party candidates across the country, Xinhua quoted Chief Election Commissioner Nil Kantha Uprety as saying.
"The high-level committee will be responsible for taking action against the candidates on the spot," Upreti told reporters here.
There are 23 days left for Nepal`s Nov 19 Constituent Assembly elections.
The code of conduct prepared by the commission bans chartered helicopters and planes for election campaigning. The poll panel has also forbidden campaigners from using wall painting, banners, face painting, loud spears and placing billboards.
The parties are allowed to design only monochrome posters, not exceeding 180 square inches in size.
The EC prohibits parties from resorting to insulting language, charter assassination and intimidation during their campaign.
Any party or candidate violating the rule will be fined about $1,000 in accordance with the section 29 of the Election Commission Act.
As parties are intensifying the election campaign, there are widespread reports about the violation of code of conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details