Nepal polls: India to donate 764 vehicles
Kathmandu: India is going to donate 764 vehicles to Nepal for its upcoming elections, said Foreign Minister Madhav Ghimire Tuesday.
Ghimire told IANS that during the day-long visit of his Indian counterpart Salman Khurshid, a Letter of Exchange (LoE) will be signed by both sides in which India has agreed to donate various kinds of 764 vehicles to Nepal to help during the November elections.
As many as 716 will go to Nepal`s home ministry and rest 48 will be given to Election Commission of Nepal.
The vehicles donated by India to be used by Nepali security agencies during the polls are worth Rs.800 million.
During the 2008 election, India had donated 500 various types of vehicles to Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Fitness goals! See how Akshay Kumar celebrated 'International handstand day'
- German officials warn against EU ''revenge'' for UK Brexit vote
- Watch videos: Varun Dhawan's terrific dance moves for 'Dishoom' promotions in Nagpur!
- China says has stopped communication mechanism with Taiwan
- Sultry morning in city