Nepal polls: India to donate 764 vehicles
Kathmandu: India is going to donate 764 vehicles to Nepal for its upcoming elections, said Foreign Minister Madhav Ghimire Tuesday.
Ghimire told IANS that during the day-long visit of his Indian counterpart Salman Khurshid, a Letter of Exchange (LoE) will be signed by both sides in which India has agreed to donate various kinds of 764 vehicles to Nepal to help during the November elections.
As many as 716 will go to Nepal`s home ministry and rest 48 will be given to Election Commission of Nepal.
The vehicles donated by India to be used by Nepali security agencies during the polls are worth Rs.800 million.
During the 2008 election, India had donated 500 various types of vehicles to Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- India to test sub-scale demonstrator scramjet engine in 2016
- PSBs capital needs significantly higher than budgeted: Moody's
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar's daughter in trauma after BSP workers abuse her
- Samsung hits back at China's Huawei with patent suit
- India ranks 110th on Sustainable Development index