Nepal President to inaugurate `world`s tallest` Shiva statue
Kathmandu: The world`s largest Shiva
statue, built at the cost of Rs. 7 crore near the capital,
will be inaugurated by Nepal`s President Ram Baran Yadav on
Kailashnath Mahadev statue (143 feet) complex at
Sanga, located 20-km east of Kathmandu, is spread in 400,000
sq feet area and houses a 16 delux room resort, spa, yoga,
health club and meditation centre.
It will also include a children’s park, physiotherapy,
steam and sauna bath facilities.
The statue, which is made of cement, concrete and iron
is coated with zinc and copper. It depicts Lord Shiva carrying
a trishul in his hand while a snake is resting on his
Swami Madhav Ashramji Maharaj, the Shankaracharya of
Badridham in India, will be present at the inaugural function,
according to the organisers. They hope it will give a boost to
the tourism sector, the main stay of Nepal`s economy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India