Nepal Prez consults with political parties to end
of 33 political parties in an effort to resolve the current political stalemate plaguing the country.
During the meeting held at Rastrapati Bhawan, Yadav asked the political leaders about the efforts they were making to forge consensus and sought recommendations to find a solution to the current impasse.
Top leaders including Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai, Maoist chairman Prachanda, Nepali Congress president Sushil Koirala and CPN-UML chairman Jhalanath Khanal attended the meeting.
The meeting took place a day after Yadav extended the deadline upto January 14 to recommend the name of the prime ministerial candidate for the ninth time.
Nepal`s ruling and opposition parties have been at odds over finding a consensus prime ministerial candidate for months.
The country has been in a constitutional and political crisis since May 27 last year when the Constituent Assembly was dissolved without framing the constitution.
Political consensus remains elusive as the major parties have failed to agree on a consensus candidate to replace Prime Minister Bhattarai.
The president had for the first time issued a deadline to the parties to name a consensus prime ministerial candidate on November 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Mars had climate suitable for life four billion years ago
- Wedding SONG of the year 'Nachde Ne Saare' has Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra dance to glory! Watch
- Afzal Guru event: JNU panel holds 21 students 'guilty of indiscipline'; no relief to Umar, Anirban
- Water shortage may have led to demise of Maya civilisation
- Sakshi Malik announced brand ambassador of Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign in Haryana