Kathmandu: As the situation worsens in
Libya, Nepal`s government on Sunday said that it will leave no stone
unturned to bring its over 3,000 stranded citizens back to
Talking to reporters in Kathmandu, government
spokesperson and Minister without Portfolio, Ganga Lal
Tuladhar, who is also the coordinator of the rescue shell,
said it is the government`s responsibility to ensure the
security of Nepalis left in lurch in Libya.
He said over 3,000 Nepalese citizens are presently in
Libya and of them, 109 have returned safely so far while
another 127 are set to arrive on Sunday.
The government said it has already provided USD 30,000
to its embassy in Egypt for the rescue of around 562 Nepalis
who reached Alexandria of Egypt for safety following the
political unrest in Libya.
Tuladhar said national manpower companies and
international organisations have been urged to provide support
for the rescue of Nepalese nationals.
The government had formally granted work permit to
Nepalese labourers in Libya last year, according to Secretary
at the Ministry of Labour and Management Dineshhari Adhikari.
In this period, 10 manpower companies sent Nepalese
workers there. Of them, four have already called back the
people they had sent, he said.