Nepal SC orders removal of facilities to ex-royals
Kathmandu: Nepal`s Supreme Court has ordered
the government to withdraw all state facilities provided to
former prime ministers, ministers and ex-Royal family members,
ruling it arbitrary, discriminatory and against the law.
Nullifying the cabinet decisions taken over a period of
eight years to provide various facilities to the VIPs, the
apex court on Thursday asked the government to withdraw such
facilities, the MyRepublica online reported.
The court said that government decisions to provide such
facilities were arbitrary, discriminatory and against the law.
Meanwhile, former Prime Ministers Madhav Kumar Nepal,
Surya Bahadur Thapa and Pushpakamal Dahal `Prachanda` welcomed
the apex court order and decided to return the vehicles and
security guards provided to them by the state.
They have already informed Chief Secretary Madhav Prasad
Ghimire to take back the vehicles and security facilities at
"Former PMs Nepal and Thapa contacted me and said they
will not use the vehicles and facilities from Friday onwards,"
said Chief Secretary Madhav Ghimire, adding, "They have asked
me to come and take back the vehicles."
However, three other former Prime Ministers, Sher Bahadur
Deuba of Nepali Congress, Jhala Nath Khanal of CPN-UML and
Lokendra Bahadur Chanda of Rastriya Prajatantra Party have not
yet responded to the call of the Supreme Court.
Former King Gyanendra and ex-Crown Prince Paras Shah are
yet to make their decision regarding the matter.
Meanwhile, former Home Minister Bhim Rawal on Saturday returned
the vehicle and security guards provided by the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’