Nepal SC settles Pashupatinath temple row
Kathmandu: The governing body of Nepal`s
world famous Pashupatinath temple on Sunday won a legal battle
against Communist-led ruling coalition after the Supreme Court
reversed the government`s decision to dissolve the Trust of
the 5th century Hindu shrine.
Culture Minister Khagendra Prasain, also the chairman
of the Pashupati Area Development Trust (PADT) that runs the
affairs of the shrine, through a letter to member secretary of
the Trust had notified that the temple`s executive committee
has been dissolved on charges of misuse of the fund.
Judge Prakash Osti declared void Prasain`s decision to
sack all seven officials of the Trust.
The office bearers of the PADT today came back to the
office after the apex court reversed the decision made by
Minister for Culture to sack them, said Sushil K Nahata,
member secretary of PADT.
"The court has dismissed the corruption charges
labelled against us by the minister," he said.
"The minister has no authority to sack the office
bearers of the trust, who are appointed for the term of four
years," he pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie