Nepal SC settles Pashupatinath temple row
Kathmandu: The governing body of Nepal`s
world famous Pashupatinath temple on Sunday won a legal battle
against Communist-led ruling coalition after the Supreme Court
reversed the government`s decision to dissolve the Trust of
the 5th century Hindu shrine.
Culture Minister Khagendra Prasain, also the chairman
of the Pashupati Area Development Trust (PADT) that runs the
affairs of the shrine, through a letter to member secretary of
the Trust had notified that the temple`s executive committee
has been dissolved on charges of misuse of the fund.
Judge Prakash Osti declared void Prasain`s decision to
sack all seven officials of the Trust.
The office bearers of the PADT today came back to the
office after the apex court reversed the decision made by
Minister for Culture to sack them, said Sushil K Nahata,
member secretary of PADT.
"The court has dismissed the corruption charges
labelled against us by the minister," he said.
"The minister has no authority to sack the office
bearers of the trust, who are appointed for the term of four
years," he pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter