Nepal sends team to china to expedite Pokhra Airport project
Kathmandu: Nepal has sent a delegation to China to expedite matters, including securing a financial assistance package, for constructing a regional airport in Pokhara, the country`s tourist hub.
China has shown interest to provide financial assistance in the form of soft loan for the construction of the airport.
"The five-member team led by Tourism Secretary Yajna Prasad Gautam has been dispatched to China to expedite work related to receiving loan assistance from China for the construction of the regional airport," Tourism Minister Posta Bahadur Bogati told reporters.
He was speaking at the World Tourism Day programme organized by Nepal Tourism Board in Kathmandu.
The tourism entrepreneurs, local people and youths have been obstructing flights to and from Pokhara for the past one week to pressurise the government to expedite work relating to construct the regional airport.
Bogatai asked the agitating groups to withdraw their strike as the government is committed to constructing the regional airport in the valley once procedural and other hurdles are cleared.
"There are some legal hurdles to start the construction work, once these hurdles are cleared we are committed to construct the regional airport," he said.
The government has already initiated the tender process for constructing the airport.
The visiting Nepali delegation will discuss on possible measures to resolve complexity with China`s Ministry of Transport as well as the Exim Bank of China for financing the airport construction.
Issuing a statement Tourism Minister Bogati said that the government is seriously working towards constructing necessary infrastructures for the regional airport and the work will be expedited by considering technical and legal issues involving both China and Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city