Nepal students protest fuel hike
Kathmandu: A hike in petroleum prices by
Nepal`s coalition government has sparked protests in the
country with youths taking to the streets.
The students union affiliated to major political parties,
including the ruling UCPN (Maoist), tired to block traffic on
key roads in the capital to protest the move.
The protests comes in the wake of 10 to 15 per cent
price hike of various petroleum products and LPG gas by state
owned Nepal Oil Corporation yesterday.
The agitating student unions staged demonstrations by
burning tires and chanting anti-government slogans outside
government colleges in major towns of the country.
Three students were injured during the protests.
The students obstructed the vehicular movement at
Exhibition Road only to be resumed in the afternoon following
the release of five students who rounded up during the
The exam of Bachelor`s level second year scheduled
to take place at the campus had to be postponed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!