Nepal students protest fuel hike
Kathmandu: A hike in petroleum prices by
Nepal`s coalition government has sparked protests in the
country with youths taking to the streets.
The students union affiliated to major political parties,
including the ruling UCPN (Maoist), tired to block traffic on
key roads in the capital to protest the move.
The protests comes in the wake of 10 to 15 per cent
price hike of various petroleum products and LPG gas by state
owned Nepal Oil Corporation yesterday.
The agitating student unions staged demonstrations by
burning tires and chanting anti-government slogans outside
government colleges in major towns of the country.
Three students were injured during the protests.
The students obstructed the vehicular movement at
Exhibition Road only to be resumed in the afternoon following
the release of five students who rounded up during the
The exam of Bachelor`s level second year scheduled
to take place at the campus had to be postponed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan