Nepal taking special security measures for Modi`s first visit
Kathmandu: Special security arrangements are being put in place for the upcoming visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Nepal, with a team of Indian commandos expected to arrive here to oversee the preparations.
Nepal government is also stepping up security by mobilising all the security agencies for the two-day visit by Indian Prime Minister from Sunday.
"Nepal Army personnel, Armed Police Force personnel, Nepal Police and National Investigation Bureau (NIB) staff will all be mobilised in an adequate manner to ensure security for the visiting Prime Minister," said Home Ministry spokesperson Laxmi Prasad Dhakal.
A team of Indian commandos is expected to arrive here on Saturday and the Nepalese security personnel will coordinate with the Indian security team to intensify security.
Standard security operation plan has already come into effect for the past few days in view of the official visit of Prime Minister Modi, he told PTI.
"The standard security procedure applicable to VVIP will be in place accordingly during the visit."
"We will deploy as much security personnel as required for safe movement of the VVIP," he said without giving any details.
Security at the Tribhuvan International Airport will also be tightened and the government is also discussing plans to carry out air surveillance during the visit, according to Dhakal.
Nepal Army will have a lead role in providing security and specially trained commando will be deployed at several places in an attempt to step up security measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender