Nepal taking special security measures for Modi`s first visit
Kathmandu: Special security arrangements are being put in place for the upcoming visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Nepal, with a team of Indian commandos expected to arrive here to oversee the preparations.
Nepal government is also stepping up security by mobilising all the security agencies for the two-day visit by Indian Prime Minister from Sunday.
"Nepal Army personnel, Armed Police Force personnel, Nepal Police and National Investigation Bureau (NIB) staff will all be mobilised in an adequate manner to ensure security for the visiting Prime Minister," said Home Ministry spokesperson Laxmi Prasad Dhakal.
A team of Indian commandos is expected to arrive here on Saturday and the Nepalese security personnel will coordinate with the Indian security team to intensify security.
Standard security operation plan has already come into effect for the past few days in view of the official visit of Prime Minister Modi, he told PTI.
"The standard security procedure applicable to VVIP will be in place accordingly during the visit."
"We will deploy as much security personnel as required for safe movement of the VVIP," he said without giving any details.
Security at the Tribhuvan International Airport will also be tightened and the government is also discussing plans to carry out air surveillance during the visit, according to Dhakal.
Nepal Army will have a lead role in providing security and specially trained commando will be deployed at several places in an attempt to step up security measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla