Nepal taking special security measures for Modi`s first visit
Kathmandu: Special security arrangements are being put in place for the upcoming visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Nepal, with a team of Indian commandos expected to arrive here to oversee the preparations.
Nepal government is also stepping up security by mobilising all the security agencies for the two-day visit by Indian Prime Minister from Sunday.
"Nepal Army personnel, Armed Police Force personnel, Nepal Police and National Investigation Bureau (NIB) staff will all be mobilised in an adequate manner to ensure security for the visiting Prime Minister," said Home Ministry spokesperson Laxmi Prasad Dhakal.
A team of Indian commandos is expected to arrive here on Saturday and the Nepalese security personnel will coordinate with the Indian security team to intensify security.
Standard security operation plan has already come into effect for the past few days in view of the official visit of Prime Minister Modi, he told PTI.
"The standard security procedure applicable to VVIP will be in place accordingly during the visit."
"We will deploy as much security personnel as required for safe movement of the VVIP," he said without giving any details.
Security at the Tribhuvan International Airport will also be tightened and the government is also discussing plans to carry out air surveillance during the visit, according to Dhakal.
Nepal Army will have a lead role in providing security and specially trained commando will be deployed at several places in an attempt to step up security measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam