Nepalese ex-prince held in Thailand for damaging property
Bangkok: Nepal`s controversial former crown prince Paras Shah has been detained by the Thai police for smashing a hotel room in a downtown area here, days after being arrested and bailed on drug charges.
Shah, known for his playboy image, is accused of destroying property at the hotel in central Bangkok in May.
A Phuket Court on Monday had asked Shah to report for a month`s drug rehabilitation treatment at Bang Jo Prison in the resort town after being found guilty of possession of marijuana.
Shah never made it to Bang Jo, complaining of chest pains the following day and went to a hospital in Phuket.
Police then told him that an arrest warrant had been issued against him in Bangkok for smashing a hotel room in Sukhumvit area, causing two million baht worth of damage, Phuket News said.
Police has let him out on bail.
He was flown to Bangkok and taken to Thonglor Police Station here around midnight on Tuesday, to answer the charge.
The Phuket Court has now ordered him to report for rehabilitation at Bang no next week.
Shah became heir to the throne in 2001. Nepal abolished its monarchy in 2008.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata