Nepalese ex-prince held in Thailand for damaging property
Bangkok: Nepal`s controversial former crown prince Paras Shah has been detained by the Thai police for smashing a hotel room in a downtown area here, days after being arrested and bailed on drug charges.
Shah, known for his playboy image, is accused of destroying property at the hotel in central Bangkok in May.
A Phuket Court on Monday had asked Shah to report for a month`s drug rehabilitation treatment at Bang Jo Prison in the resort town after being found guilty of possession of marijuana.
Shah never made it to Bang Jo, complaining of chest pains the following day and went to a hospital in Phuket.
Police then told him that an arrest warrant had been issued against him in Bangkok for smashing a hotel room in Sukhumvit area, causing two million baht worth of damage, Phuket News said.
Police has let him out on bail.
He was flown to Bangkok and taken to Thonglor Police Station here around midnight on Tuesday, to answer the charge.
The Phuket Court has now ordered him to report for rehabilitation at Bang no next week.
Shah became heir to the throne in 2001. Nepal abolished its monarchy in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you