‘Nepalese girl `set on fire` by Indian dead
Kathmandu: A 16-year-old Nepalese girl, who had received 90 per cent burns after being allegedly set on fire by her Indian boyfriend for refusing to elope with him, died in a hospital here on Wednesday.
The girl, identified as Shiva Hasami by police, was shifted to a government hospital in Kathmandu from Bheri Zonal Hospital on Tuesday as she was in a critical state.
She died this morning, according to Nepal Police spokesman Keshav Adhikari.
23-year-old Babu Khan, a resident of Baharaich in Uttar Pradesh who was a mechanic in a motorcycle workshop near the girl`s house in Bardiya district of western Nepal, had poured petrol on her and set her on fire after she refused to elope with him against the wish of her parents, the senior police official claimed.
Adhikari said the girl`s statement was recorded by the police before her death in which she stated that Khan had set her ablaze by pouring petrol on her after asking her to come?out of her house.
A case has already been registered against Khan in the Bardiya District Court. If convicted, he will get life imprisonment or 20 years in jail, according to police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond