‘Nepalese girl `set on fire` by Indian dead
Kathmandu: A 16-year-old Nepalese girl, who had received 90 per cent burns after being allegedly set on fire by her Indian boyfriend for refusing to elope with him, died in a hospital here on Wednesday.
The girl, identified as Shiva Hasami by police, was shifted to a government hospital in Kathmandu from Bheri Zonal Hospital on Tuesday as she was in a critical state.
She died this morning, according to Nepal Police spokesman Keshav Adhikari.
23-year-old Babu Khan, a resident of Baharaich in Uttar Pradesh who was a mechanic in a motorcycle workshop near the girl`s house in Bardiya district of western Nepal, had poured petrol on her and set her on fire after she refused to elope with him against the wish of her parents, the senior police official claimed.
Adhikari said the girl`s statement was recorded by the police before her death in which she stated that Khan had set her ablaze by pouring petrol on her after asking her to come?out of her house.
A case has already been registered against Khan in the Bardiya District Court. If convicted, he will get life imprisonment or 20 years in jail, according to police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?