Nepalese minister resigns over bribery charges
Kathmandu: Nepal`s Labour Minister resigned today after he was caught on camera allegedly seeking bribes for registering private companies offering jobs abroad.
Minister for Labour and Employment Kumar Belbase resigned after he was accused of bribery, Minister for Information and Communication Raj Kishore Yadav who is also the government spokesperson said.
Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai earlier in the day had sought the resignation of Belbase.
"Now the ministerial portfolio of Labour ministry has been handed over to Minister for Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation Post Bahadur Bogati," Himalayan Times said.
Belbase was caught on video tape demanding bribe from manpower companies and promising them to register foreign employment companies, the paper said.
Belbase has been accused of demanding Rs 250,000 from different manpower companies.
Belbase is also a politburo member of CPN-ML sent his resignation via fax to PM. CPN-ML is one of the ruling parties in the incumbent government led by the Unified Communist Party of Nepal (Maoist).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why