Nepalese Prez visits ashrams, meets Hindu seers in Haridwar
Haridwar: Nepalese President Ram Baran
Yadav, who is on a maiden four-day official visit to India,
on Wednesday met various religious leaders and Hindu seers, including
Yogaguru Baba Ramdev here amid tight security.
Yadav, who flew in from New Delhi along with his family
members and Nepal`s Tourism Minister Sharad Bhandari this
afternoon, went to Patanjali Yogpeeth and met Baba Ramdev.
Speaking in a programme, organised to felicitate him at
the Yogpeeth, Yadav said he wanted the friendship of India and
Nepal to grow further and has come to the holy town during
Mahakumbh to seek blessings of river Ganga.
Before leaving for New Delhi, he also visited the ashram
of Baba Dudhadhari Barfani and held talks with him on various
Yadav later visited the camp of Pilot Baba in Neeldhara
area, where the Baba presented him a set of books written by
him, a garlands made of precious stones and Rudraksha.
During his brief stay here, he maintained a distance with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren