Nepalese Prez visits ashrams, meets Hindu seers in Haridwar
Haridwar: Nepalese President Ram Baran
Yadav, who is on a maiden four-day official visit to India,
on Wednesday met various religious leaders and Hindu seers, including
Yogaguru Baba Ramdev here amid tight security.
Yadav, who flew in from New Delhi along with his family
members and Nepal`s Tourism Minister Sharad Bhandari this
afternoon, went to Patanjali Yogpeeth and met Baba Ramdev.
Speaking in a programme, organised to felicitate him at
the Yogpeeth, Yadav said he wanted the friendship of India and
Nepal to grow further and has come to the holy town during
Mahakumbh to seek blessings of river Ganga.
Before leaving for New Delhi, he also visited the ashram
of Baba Dudhadhari Barfani and held talks with him on various
Yadav later visited the camp of Pilot Baba in Neeldhara
area, where the Baba presented him a set of books written by
him, a garlands made of precious stones and Rudraksha.
During his brief stay here, he maintained a distance with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note