Nepal`s eleven districts at bird flu risk
Kathmandu: Eleven districts of Central Development Region in Nepal are at high risk of bird flu, the officials here said.
According to the Regional Livestock Services Directorate,
Makwanpur, Dhanusha, Mahottari, Sarlahi, Rautahat, Bara,
Parsa, Chitwan, Kathmandu, Bhaktapur and Lalitpur districts in
the central region are at high risk of avian influenza.
People working in the bird flu risk reduction sector have
also called for institution of the quarantine police for
controlling the disease.
They have pointed to the shortage of human resources for
conducting checks and monitoring at areas facing the risk of
spread of bird flu.
Chief of the Animal Quarantine Office, Kathmandu Dr
Bharat Bahadur Khadka said there is a dearth of human
resources to carry out checks and monitoring in the high-risk
He said there are 25 quarantine check posts throughout
the country and stressed the need for increasing the number
for effectively controlling the bird flu.
Dhading, Nuwakot, Sindhupalchok, Kavre and Sindhuli
districts have been kept under the mild-risk districts and
Dolakha, Rasuwa and Ramechhap have been kept under the
low-risk category districts and bird flu prevention campaign
has been undertaken in these districts according to the degree
of risk, the Office said.
Nepal has banned import of poultry products from India
and China as preventive measures against bird flu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores