Nepal`s government calls protesting parties for talks
Kathmandu: Nepal`s election government led by Khil Raj Regmi has invited CPN-Maoist, the breakaway faction of UCPN-Maoist, and its allies for talks following their opposition to the upcoming polls.
Nepal government has set November 19 as the date for Constituent Assembly election and some fringe political parties including CPN-Maoist have been opposing the polls.
The government has sent a letter addressing CPN-Maoist Chairperson Mohan Vaidya to come to the negotiating table so as to ensure the second Constituent Assembly polls on November 19 this year, a statement issued by the Home Ministry said.
"The government`s whole efforts are focused on conducting the upcoming CA polls in a free, fair and credible manner," read the letter signed by Home Minister Madhav Prasad Ghimire, who also heads the Consultation and Coordination Committee of the Council of Ministers.
"We welcome your step of forming a five-member talks committee in your leadership, as we take it very positively," the letter said.
The CPN-Maoist has already formed a five member talks team headed by the party`s president Mohan Vaidya.
"We have the firm belief that all the problems can be resolved through dialogue and discussion. Therefore, we would like to invite you and your allies for a dialogue," the letter added.
The time and venue for talks can be determined through mutual understanding, states the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das