New Maldivian govt to offer policy roadmap
Male: Maldives new regime is likley to come out with a roadmap detailing the steps to be taken and policies that will be followed by President Mohamed Waheed Hassan led government trying to strengthen its position in the crisis-hit nation.
"We will issue our roadmap today giving an overview of how the government will function, what policies would be followed," a senior Presidential Office source said.
The roadmap comes a day after Hassan swore in his new and expanded cabinet as he tries to cement his position as the head of a `unity government`.
Seeking to end a raging political crisis that erupted after the resignation of first democratically elected President Mohamed Nasheed last week; his former deputy had swore in new members of his cabinet from different political parties.
Incidentally, Waheed also left key portfolios like Foreign Affairs and Finance vacant among two others and has claimed that he wants to bring Nasheed`s Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) on board.
Nasheed has refused to accept Waheed`s legitimacy to rule the picturesque Indian Ocean island nation.
The proposed roadmap documents also comes a day after Nasheed`s supporters had laid siege to the street outside the Majlis shouting slogans against the current regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli