Nine die in Bangladesh flyover collapse
Dhaka: At least nine people were killed and many injured when an under-construction flyover collapsed in Bangladesh`s southeastern port city of Chittagong, police said Sunday.
Three girders of the 1.4-km-long flyover collapsed around 7.30 p.m. Saturday, Xinhua reported.
Rescuers pulled out six bodies from under the debris, while hospital officials said three more died during treatment.
Protesting the delay in the rescue operations, hundreds of people demonstrated and set ablaze construction materials after the incident.
Police fired tear-gas shells as protesters vandalised several vehicles. At least 10 motorcycles were also set on fire.
The Bangladesh army was called in to assist the Rapid Action Battalion, Border Guard Bangladesh and police in the rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested