Nine injured in Pak suicide attack
Islamabad: A suicide bomber rammed his explosives-laden vehicle into the gate of a police station in Pakistan`s restive northwest today, injuring nine people, including four policemen.
The attack occurred at Bannu in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, located a short distance from the lawless North Waziristan tribal region, at 6 am, officials said.
The powerful explosion damaged the police station.
Four policemen and five passers-by were injured in the blast, the officials said.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
The blast also blew out the windows of several buildings and damaged nearby property.
A large contingent of police cordoned off the area and conducted a search operation.
No group claimed responsibility for the incident though such attacks are usually blamed on the banned Pakistani Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list