Nine injured in Pak suicide attack
Islamabad: A suicide bomber rammed his explosives-laden vehicle into the gate of a police station in Pakistan`s restive northwest today, injuring nine people, including four policemen.
The attack occurred at Bannu in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, located a short distance from the lawless North Waziristan tribal region, at 6 am, officials said.
The powerful explosion damaged the police station.
Four policemen and five passers-by were injured in the blast, the officials said.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
The blast also blew out the windows of several buildings and damaged nearby property.
A large contingent of police cordoned off the area and conducted a search operation.
No group claimed responsibility for the incident though such attacks are usually blamed on the banned Pakistani Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY