Nine injured in Pak suicide attack
Islamabad: A suicide bomber rammed his explosives-laden vehicle into the gate of a police station in Pakistan`s restive northwest today, injuring nine people, including four policemen.
The attack occurred at Bannu in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, located a short distance from the lawless North Waziristan tribal region, at 6 am, officials said.
The powerful explosion damaged the police station.
Four policemen and five passers-by were injured in the blast, the officials said.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
The blast also blew out the windows of several buildings and damaged nearby property.
A large contingent of police cordoned off the area and conducted a search operation.
No group claimed responsibility for the incident though such attacks are usually blamed on the banned Pakistani Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step