Nine injured in Pak suicide attack
Islamabad: A suicide bomber rammed his explosives-laden vehicle into the gate of a police station in Pakistan`s restive northwest today, injuring nine people, including four policemen.
The attack occurred at Bannu in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, located a short distance from the lawless North Waziristan tribal region, at 6 am, officials said.
The powerful explosion damaged the police station.
Four policemen and five passers-by were injured in the blast, the officials said.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
The blast also blew out the windows of several buildings and damaged nearby property.
A large contingent of police cordoned off the area and conducted a search operation.
No group claimed responsibility for the incident though such attacks are usually blamed on the banned Pakistani Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights