Nine killed, 55 injured in Afghan attacks
Kabul: At least nine people were killed and over 55 injured Friday evening when two blasts rocked Afghanistan`s Kandahar city, a government official said.
"The initial reports said three police officers and six civilians died and over 55 wounded in two explosions which took place in Hyno area of the city Friday evening," reported Xinhua citing a provincial spokesperson.
The blasts occurred as explosives were placed in two cars parked to target a police convoy passing by the area, the official added.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
On Thursday morning, six US personnel and nine Afghan civilians were killed and 40 civilians wounded when a suicide car bombing hit a two-vehicle convoy of the coalition in a residential area in the capital city of Kabul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!