Nine killed, 55 injured in Afghan attacks
Kabul: At least nine people were killed and over 55 injured Friday evening when two blasts rocked Afghanistan`s Kandahar city, a government official said.
"The initial reports said three police officers and six civilians died and over 55 wounded in two explosions which took place in Hyno area of the city Friday evening," reported Xinhua citing a provincial spokesperson.
The blasts occurred as explosives were placed in two cars parked to target a police convoy passing by the area, the official added.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
On Thursday morning, six US personnel and nine Afghan civilians were killed and 40 civilians wounded when a suicide car bombing hit a two-vehicle convoy of the coalition in a residential area in the capital city of Kabul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what