Nine killed, 55 injured in Afghan attacks
Kabul: At least nine people were killed and over 55 injured Friday evening when two blasts rocked Afghanistan`s Kandahar city, a government official said.
"The initial reports said three police officers and six civilians died and over 55 wounded in two explosions which took place in Hyno area of the city Friday evening," reported Xinhua citing a provincial spokesperson.
The blasts occurred as explosives were placed in two cars parked to target a police convoy passing by the area, the official added.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
On Thursday morning, six US personnel and nine Afghan civilians were killed and 40 civilians wounded when a suicide car bombing hit a two-vehicle convoy of the coalition in a residential area in the capital city of Kabul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe