Nine militants killed in attack in Pakistan
Islamabad: At least nine militants were killed Monday night in clashes with security forces after an attack on a check post in Pakistan, media reported Tuesday.
Some unknown number of militants attacked an army check post with automatic guns and rockets in North Waziristan, a restive tribal region bordering Afghanistan, Xinhua quoted media reports of official sources as saying.
Security forces retaliated and killed nine of the assailants while the rest fled. There was no immediate report about any loss on the side of the security forces.
In another incident, a landmine blast targeted a convoy of security forces and injured three soldiers at a South Waziristan road, a northwestern tribal region bordering Afghanistan.
No group or militant organisation claimed responsibility for any of the two incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!