Nine militants killed in attack in Pakistan
Islamabad: At least nine militants were killed Monday night in clashes with security forces after an attack on a check post in Pakistan, media reported Tuesday.
Some unknown number of militants attacked an army check post with automatic guns and rockets in North Waziristan, a restive tribal region bordering Afghanistan, Xinhua quoted media reports of official sources as saying.
Security forces retaliated and killed nine of the assailants while the rest fled. There was no immediate report about any loss on the side of the security forces.
In another incident, a landmine blast targeted a convoy of security forces and injured three soldiers at a South Waziristan road, a northwestern tribal region bordering Afghanistan.
No group or militant organisation claimed responsibility for any of the two incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket