Nine Pak security personnel killed, 20 injured
Islamabad: Nine Pakistani security
personnel were killed and over 20 more injured on Tuesday in three
separate attacks in the country`s restive northwest and an
area bordering Iran, officials said.
The deadliest attack in the south-western Balochistan
province killed five paramilitary troopers and injured six
A security forces convoy was targeted with a roadside
bomb in Mand Ballo area of Trubat district, located near the
border with Iran.
The bomb was triggered by remote control as the convoy
was passing by, officials said. The injured were taken to
Quetta, the capital of Balochistan, where doctors described
the condition of two of them as very critical.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Security forces launched a search operation and detained some
Earlier in the day, three soldiers were killed and 15
more injured when a security forces convoy was targeted with a
roadside bomb in the volatile North Waziristan tribal region.
The bomb exploded as the convoy was heading to Datta
Khel, 45 km from Miranshah, the main town of North Waziristan
Agency. One vehicle was destroyed by the blast.
The attack was carried out despite a curfew clamped
by authorities to facilitate the movement of troops.
Another paramilitary trooper was killed in South
Waziristan Agency when Taliban fighters attacked a check post
in Makeen area, officials said.
In separate developments, three members of a family
were killed when a mortar shell hit their house in Pewar Tangi
area of Pakistan`s Kurram tribal region, where Pakistani
troops launched an offensive against the Taliban over the
A bomb went off near a check post in Charwagai area of
Khyber tribal region though there were no reports of loss of
Another explosive device planted outside a school in
Landi Kotal area of Khyber Agency was defused by a bomb
Militants blew up a telephone exchange in Mattani area
on the outskirts of Peshawar last night, police officials said
today. There were no reports of casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state