Nineteen Pak prisoners repatriated from India
Attari: In a goodwill gesture, India on Tuesday repatriated 19 Pakistani prisoners, mostly fishermen, after releasing them from Bhuj jail.
Of the nineteen repatriated prisoners, 18 were fishermen arrested nine months ago while allegedly fishing in Indian waters in the Arabian sea.
Another Pakistani Shyed Mohammed, who had been arrested over two years ago from Munabao in Rajasthan`s Barmer district for carrying fake Indian currency, was also among those who were repatriated.
All the released prisoners crossed over to Pakistan through the land transit route of Attari/Wagah border on the basis of documents issued by the Pakistan High Commission in Delhi.
Expressing happiness at their repatriation, the prisoners thanked the Indian authorities for being kind to them during their detention period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Ekadanta Sankashti Chaturthi Vrat—Significance, Tithi and Timings!
- Guru Granth Sahib desecration in Faridkot: Provide information, get Rs 10 lakh from CBI - Here are details
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be announced soon
- Check Mahresults.nic.in for HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board, MSBSHSE class 12th XII Exam Results 2016
- In this temple, people worship a Royal Enfield Bullet – Here’s why