Nineteen Pak prisoners repatriated from India
Attari: In a goodwill gesture, India on Tuesday repatriated 19 Pakistani prisoners, mostly fishermen, after releasing them from Bhuj jail.
Of the nineteen repatriated prisoners, 18 were fishermen arrested nine months ago while allegedly fishing in Indian waters in the Arabian sea.
Another Pakistani Shyed Mohammed, who had been arrested over two years ago from Munabao in Rajasthan`s Barmer district for carrying fake Indian currency, was also among those who were repatriated.
All the released prisoners crossed over to Pakistan through the land transit route of Attari/Wagah border on the basis of documents issued by the Pakistan High Commission in Delhi.
Expressing happiness at their repatriation, the prisoners thanked the Indian authorities for being kind to them during their detention period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Anil Kumble – Facts you must know about India's new coach
- 'Strong' Salman Khan can handle any controversy: Pulkit Samrat
- Vikas Krishan, Manoj Kumar book Olympic berths in Baku
- Is Kashmir major cause of tension between India and Pakistan? Pak Army says 'Yes'
- Cheers! Uttar Pradesh Cabinet approves sale of liquor in tetra packs