Nineteen Pak prisoners repatriated from India
Attari: In a goodwill gesture, India on Tuesday repatriated 19 Pakistani prisoners, mostly fishermen, after releasing them from Bhuj jail.
Of the nineteen repatriated prisoners, 18 were fishermen arrested nine months ago while allegedly fishing in Indian waters in the Arabian sea.
Another Pakistani Shyed Mohammed, who had been arrested over two years ago from Munabao in Rajasthan`s Barmer district for carrying fake Indian currency, was also among those who were repatriated.
All the released prisoners crossed over to Pakistan through the land transit route of Attari/Wagah border on the basis of documents issued by the Pakistan High Commission in Delhi.
Expressing happiness at their repatriation, the prisoners thanked the Indian authorities for being kind to them during their detention period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog