Nineteen Pak prisoners repatriated from India
Attari: In a goodwill gesture, India on Tuesday repatriated 19 Pakistani prisoners, mostly fishermen, after releasing them from Bhuj jail.
Of the nineteen repatriated prisoners, 18 were fishermen arrested nine months ago while allegedly fishing in Indian waters in the Arabian sea.
Another Pakistani Shyed Mohammed, who had been arrested over two years ago from Munabao in Rajasthan`s Barmer district for carrying fake Indian currency, was also among those who were repatriated.
All the released prisoners crossed over to Pakistan through the land transit route of Attari/Wagah border on the basis of documents issued by the Pakistan High Commission in Delhi.
Expressing happiness at their repatriation, the prisoners thanked the Indian authorities for being kind to them during their detention period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon