No entry for Pakistanis in Kuwait
Manama: Kuwait has imposed a blanket ban on nationals from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan from entering the country, local media have reported.
The ban includes suspending all tourism, visit and trade visas, as well as visas sponsored by spouses, Kuwaiti media quoted immigration sources, as saying.
They attributed the blanket visa ban to the "difficult security conditions in the five countries" and "the remarkably increasing tendency of nationals from the five countries to apply for visas to bring in relatives who faced or could face arrest by the local authorities to Kuwait," Gulf News reports.
According to the sources, the authorities insisted that no exception in the visa application would be tolerated, but asserted that the ban was temporarily and would be lifted following the stabilisation of the security situation.
Last month, a social affairs and labour official had denied reports that Kuwait was planning to impose a ban on issuing visas to nationals from the five countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok