No entry for Pakistanis in Kuwait
Manama: Kuwait has imposed a blanket ban on nationals from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan from entering the country, local media have reported.
The ban includes suspending all tourism, visit and trade visas, as well as visas sponsored by spouses, Kuwaiti media quoted immigration sources, as saying.
They attributed the blanket visa ban to the "difficult security conditions in the five countries" and "the remarkably increasing tendency of nationals from the five countries to apply for visas to bring in relatives who faced or could face arrest by the local authorities to Kuwait," Gulf News reports.
According to the sources, the authorities insisted that no exception in the visa application would be tolerated, but asserted that the ban was temporarily and would be lifted following the stabilisation of the security situation.
Last month, a social affairs and labour official had denied reports that Kuwait was planning to impose a ban on issuing visas to nationals from the five countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH