No evidence of Afghan claim of `torture, murder` by US forces: NATO

Last Updated: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 10:39

Washington: NATO has said that it has found no evidence to support the allegations that US special forces committed acts of `torture` and `murder` in Afghanistan.

Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai has ordered US special forces to leave Wardak province last week after it was claimed that the elite units had been involved in the torture and disappearance of Afghan civilians.

NATO said in a statement that it became clear that armed individuals named as U.S. special force stationed in Wardak province engage in harassing, annoying, torturing and even murdering innocent people,"

But it `didn`t indicate who identified the attackers as "U.S. special force," CNN reports.

The shocking allegations by the Afghan officials follow months of U.S. Special Operations raids that have deeply offended some Afghans angry about foreigners entering their homes.

U.S. officials have said the raids are vital to NATO`s operation against insurgents.

(ANI)



First Published: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 10:24

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus