No FIR in officer`s death who was probing Pakistan PM
Islamabad: Two days after an officer, investigating a case against Pakistan Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf, was found hanging from ceiling, police were yet to register an First Information Report, a media report said.
It has been 48 hours since the mysterious death of Kamran Faisal, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) officer in the team probing the Rental Power Plants (RPP) case, but no FIR has been lodged yet in his death, The News reported on Sunday.
Faisal held the position of an assistant director with the NAB, the country`s anti-corruption agency.
The initial report has cited that the cause of Faisal`s death was suicide. However, his relatives claim that he was murdered and are seeking a judicial inquiry.
His relatives alleged that torture marks were found on his body, which had also been shown to the media.
It has been reported that Faisal was under stress during the investigation of the RPP case and had requested to be recused from the probe.
Assistant Commissioner (Secretariat) Noman Yusuf has been named the inquiry officer to find out the reason behind Faisal`s death.
NAB insiders told Geo News that Faisal, who had written the report on the case, was "mentally tortured" by senior officials to change the report but he refused to budge.
Faisal was assisting investigation officer Asghar Khan in a mega corruption scandal allegedly involving the Prime Minister.
He was one of the two officials suspended for recommending that the director general of NAB should submit references against the accused in the two RPP cases to the NAB`s head office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro to be launched today; Is Mi Notebook on the way too?
- Income Tax raid at AAP legislator's residence
- Bezwada Wilson, T M Krishna win Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Caribbean Premier League eyes US ahead of T20 games
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics