No Lord Krishna temple demolished: Pak Hindu Council
Karachi: A Hindu organisation in Pakistan
on Thursday said there were land disputes in some of the temples
here, but denied that any shrine of Lord Krishna had been
demolished in the county`s financial hub.
"There is a problem of land occupation with some
temples particularly with the Swami Narayan temple located
around M.A. Jinnah road but otherwise there has been no case
of temple demolition," said Dr Ramesh Kumar, the Patron of
Pakistan Hindu Council (PHC).
Kumar and General-Secretary of PHC Hari Motwani denied
any knowledge of a temple being demolished in the city.
"If something like this happened we would know about
it and we would not keep quiet about it," Kumar told PTI.
He said a portion of the land on which Swami Narayan
temple was built, dating back to 150 years, was occupied by
transporters who used the land to park their vehicles and as a
"We are constantly in touch with the relevant
authorities and also with the Evacuee Board on this issue," he
An Indian news channel reported today that a Lord
Krishna temple had been demolished in Karachi and its 20 acres
land occupied by a nationalist party of Sindh.
However, the Chairman of the Evacuee board, Ahmed
Hashmi, denied it.
“There is a Krishna Mandir in fr?re town and it is
used by Hindus for their religious rites. There is a small
problem over a boundary wall and nothing more," he said.
Motwani said the problems of land occupation often
took place as all temples were looked after by the Hindu
council while the evacuee board also claimed control over
He said the Hindu Council had asked the authorities in
Defence Ministry to allot a plot to the council so that they
could build a Gurdwara and Mandir there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say