No Lord Krishna temple demolished: Pak Hindu Council
Karachi: A Hindu organisation in Pakistan
on Thursday said there were land disputes in some of the temples
here, but denied that any shrine of Lord Krishna had been
demolished in the county`s financial hub.
"There is a problem of land occupation with some
temples particularly with the Swami Narayan temple located
around M.A. Jinnah road but otherwise there has been no case
of temple demolition," said Dr Ramesh Kumar, the Patron of
Pakistan Hindu Council (PHC).
Kumar and General-Secretary of PHC Hari Motwani denied
any knowledge of a temple being demolished in the city.
"If something like this happened we would know about
it and we would not keep quiet about it," Kumar told PTI.
He said a portion of the land on which Swami Narayan
temple was built, dating back to 150 years, was occupied by
transporters who used the land to park their vehicles and as a
"We are constantly in touch with the relevant
authorities and also with the Evacuee Board on this issue," he
An Indian news channel reported today that a Lord
Krishna temple had been demolished in Karachi and its 20 acres
land occupied by a nationalist party of Sindh.
However, the Chairman of the Evacuee board, Ahmed
Hashmi, denied it.
“There is a Krishna Mandir in fr?re town and it is
used by Hindus for their religious rites. There is a small
problem over a boundary wall and nothing more," he said.
Motwani said the problems of land occupation often
took place as all temples were looked after by the Hindu
council while the evacuee board also claimed control over
He said the Hindu Council had asked the authorities in
Defence Ministry to allot a plot to the council so that they
could build a Gurdwara and Mandir there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway