No nation can win ‘war on terror’ sans Pak support: Gilani
Kabul: No country can win the war against terrorism without Pakistan’s help, Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani has said.
Addressing a joint press conference after holding bilateral talks with Afghan President Hamid Karzai, Gilani said that seeing the prevailing scenario with regard to the global war being fought on terrorism, it is impossible for any country to nip this menace in the bud without support of Pakistan, a frontline ally of the United States on the cause, Geo News reported.
“Now there is an equal realisation that both the countries are equally suffering because of terrorism and there should be no blame game,” he said, referring to Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Gilani and Karzai first met separately, followed by the delegation level talks and in-depth discussions aimed at enhancing cooperation in the war against terrorism and extremism, and promoting collaboration on economy, trade and investment, building of energy corridors and improving road and rail links.
The two leaders exchanged views on bilateral, regional and international issues of mutual interest.
Pakistan’s Minister for Commerce Makhdoom Amin Faheem, Minister for Railways Ghulam Ahmed Bilour and Interior Minister Abdul Rehman Malik assisted Gilani in the talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley